Atmospheric Monitoring and Reporting on Social and Economic Developments in Lebanon - USAID
In collaboration with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and as part of the Middle East Economic Growth Best Practices Project (MEG), Triangle embarked on a mission to enhance the quality and relevance of weekly atmospheric reports focused on Lebanon. These reports play a pivotal role in supporting economic growth and reform efforts in the Middle East, with a particular emphasis on Lebanon’s economic development amidst challenging political and financial circumstances.
Triangle’s engagement in the project aimed to revamp and reorient the existing weekly atmospheric reports on Lebanon. Over the course of 12 months, from September 2022 to September 2023, Triangle worked diligently to provide a series of monthly atmospheric reports that were centered around economic growth and development. The goal was to transform these reports into highly informative and visually engaging documents that would facilitate a deeper understanding of key issues affecting economic development in Lebanon.
Specifically, Triangle undertook the following key tasks and assessments:
- Overview of Existing Reports: Triangle conducted an exhaustive review of the previously generated atmospheric reports on Lebanon to understand their form, function, and content.
- Strengths and Weaknesses Analysis: A comprehensive analysis was carried out to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the existing reports, with a focus on their analytical content and contextualization.
- Data Mapping: Triangle mapped the available sources of data and information relevant to economic development in Lebanon, both official and non-official, to ensure comprehensive coverage.
- Key Actors Identification: The project involved identifying key actors and stakeholders engaged in producing, analyzing, and disseminating information related to Lebanon’s economic development.
- Coordination Challenges: Challenges related to the coordination of various sources of information were identified and analyzed to streamline the reporting process.
- Information Needs: Triangle identified the specific information and data requirements necessary for evidence-based analysis and policy formulation in the context of Lebanon’s economic development.
- Mechanisms for Information Sharing: Concrete and feasible mechanisms for facilitating the sharing of information among concerned institutions were devised to improve collaboration and data exchange.
- Data Collection and Analysis Enhancement: Strategies were outlined to enhance the collection and analysis of data pertaining to Lebanon’s economic development, with a focus on integration with existing national information systems.
Atmospheric Monitoring and Reporting on Social and Economic Developments in Lebanon – USAID
November 2022 – Ongoing