Writer and Analyst
Triangle works to transform detailed, and often dense information into a compelling message that is visually appealing, generates maximum impact, and bridges the divide between policy-making, research, and the media. In doing so, we produce lasting results and positive impacts for the organisations we work with, and the communities we work in.
As a growing organization, we are looking for highly motivated individuals who bring their expertise, ambition, and innovative ideas to complement our mission. We work in a multilingual, highly collaborative environment, with staff distributed over multiple time zones and countries. As such, we seek colleagues who can manage projects independently and deliver exceptional results. In return, we offer unusual autonomy and opportunities for growth. If this sounds like the team you’ve been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
Triangle is now looking for a person with exceptional writing skills for a new position as Writer & Analyst.
The Writer & Analyst will work with Triangle’s media monitoring team to analyze emerging trends in political media coverage in Lebanon, with a view to helping the general public understand values underpinning certain narratives. The Writer & Analyst will then be responsible for producing weekly written content related to current affairs and political economy in Lebanon and the broader MENA region.
The Writer & Analyst will also compile monthly policy papers on key socioeconomic issues facing Lebanon. Here, the Writer & Analyst will participate in identifying key socio-economic issues facing Lebanon that can serve as the basis for in-depth policy papers. With Triangle’s editorial team, the Writer & Analyst will research the chosen topic and generate actionable recommendations for addressing the relevant challenges fairly and equitably.
The Writer & Analyst will report directly to Triangle’s Managing Editor, with ultimate oversight from Triangle’s Directors.
Compensation is benchmarked to cost of living and commensurate with experience.
Qualified and Interested Applicants:
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Triangle is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity across the organization.
Position Title: Writer and Analyst
Position Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Reports to: Managing Editor & Triangle Directors
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyses media monitoring content on political media coverage to provide analysis of key political narratives.
- Produces weekly reports on political narratives in Lebanese media, which could include content in written, graphical, audio, and video formats.
- Produces monthly policy papers (with infographics) on key socio-economic issues facing Lebanon, including actionable policy recommendations.
- Support any other task related to Triangle’s written and audio-visual content, as required.
- Attend regular team and project meetings with Triangle staff.
- At least three years of experience working in communication, journalism, public relations, international relations, or related disciplines.
- An established portfolio of media content (text and/or multimedia) in English and/or Arabic.
- Strong research and analytical skills, preferably with experience in generating actionable policy recommendations.
- Deep knowledge of Lebanon’s political and socio-economic issues, as well as experience living in the country.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (reading, writing, and speaking). French language skills are a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and also operate independently, including under tight deadlines.