Triangle bridges the divide between policymaking, research, and the media. Our work aims to transform complex and detailed information into compelling messages that generate lasting, positive impacts in the communities we work in and the partners we work with.
Badil (The Alternative) is a Triangle initiative committed to restoring the media’s crucial function of upholding political accountability. Launched as an online publication in early 2022, it aims to help foster a richer, more inclusive, and informed democratic discourse in Lebanon. Through on the ground research, analysis and media monitoring, Badil tackles both longstanding and emerging policy issues, holding political leaders to account and offering alternative perspectives and policy options to the prevailing dominant narratives.
As a growing organization, we are looking for highly motivated individuals whose expertise and innovative ideas will help further our mission. We work in a multilingual, highly collaborative environment, with staff distributed over multiple time zones and countries. As such, we seek colleagues who can manage projects independently and deliver exceptional results. In return, we offer unusual autonomy and opportunities for growth. If this sounds like the team you’ve been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
As an Research Intern at Triangle, you will have the opportunity to work alongside our team of experts and researchers on various projects that align with your interests and career goals. This internship will provide you with valuable hands-on experience, mentorship, and exposure to the world of research, policy analysis, and advocacy.
Position Title: Research Intern
Position Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Reports to: Badil’s Managing Editor & Triangle Directors
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist research teams in gathering and analyzing data on a range of social, economic, and policy topics.
- Contribute to literature reviews, data collection, and preliminary research findings.
- Support policy analysts in reviewing and synthesizing policy documents and reports.
- Assist in the development of policy briefs, memos, and recommendations.
- Help organise and maintain research data, ensuring data integrity and confidentiality.
- Contribute to data entry, cleaning, and basic analysis tasks.
Report and Publication Preparation:
- Assist in drafting and editing research reports, articles, and publications.
Collaborate with team members to ensure accurate and high-quality content.
- Provide general administrative support to various departments, including scheduling meetings, organizing documents, and assisting with project logistics.
Learning and Professional Development:
- Attend internal meetings, workshops, and seminars to enhance your knowledge and skills.
- Engage in discussions and networking opportunities with our team members and experts.
- Triangle will compensate interns as well as cover transportation costs (in Lebanon). Internships carry the possibility of compensation for exceptional work performed and promotion to a full-time position after a period of three to six calendar months depending on the level of the candidate’s experience.
- Strong interest in research, policy analysis, and social issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and adapt to changing priorities.
- Enthusiasm for learning and a proactive approach to tasks.
Qualified and Interested Applicants
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Triangle is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity across the organization.