Project Development Intern
Triangle bridges the divide between policymaking, research, and the media. Our work aims to transform complex and detailed information into compelling messages that generate lasting, positive impacts in the communities we work in and the partners we work with.
Badil (The Alternative) is a Triangle initiative committed to restoring the media’s crucial function of upholding political accountability. Launched as an online publication in early 2022, it aims to help foster a richer, more inclusive, and informed democratic discourse in Lebanon. Through on the ground research, analysis and media monitoring, Badil tackles both longstanding and emerging policy issues, holding political leaders to account and offering alternative perspectives and policy options to the prevailing dominant narratives.
As a growing organization, we are looking for highly motivated individuals whose expertise and innovative ideas will help further our mission. We work in a multilingual, highly collaborative environment, with staff distributed over multiple time zones and countries. As such, we seek colleagues who can manage projects independently and deliver exceptional results. In return, we offer unusual autonomy and opportunities for growth. If this sounds like the team you’ve been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
The Project Development Intern will assist with monitoring project development opportunities, develop bid documents and proposals, research target markets, support grant management, and provide administrative support to the business development unit. The preferred location of the internship is based in Beirut, Lebanon, but exceptional candidates may work remotely either part-time or full-time.
Position Title: Project Development Intern
Position Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Reports to: Business Development Manager & Triangle Directors
Duties and Responsibilities
- Scanning and tracking upcoming project development opportunities.
- Research and write assigned proposal sections including those on methodology, country and projects background information, humanitarian/development conditions, sectoral best practices, and other information required for proposal compilation.
- Provide proposal support as assigned, including maintenance of files and proposal documents consolidation and submission.
- Research target markets and tender agency requirements to widen scope of possibilities.
- Organise client and consultant rosters in a manner appropriate to the sourcing of highest value for money consultants.
- Identify and engage consultants or subject matter experts for project assignments
- Conduct basic quantitative data manipulation and presentation.
- Assist with recruitment process and editing of consultant profiles.
- Assist Business Development Manager and Triangle Directors with day-to-day business development tasks.
- Assist with organizing Triangle events and roundtable discussions.
- Contribute to outreach and Triangle’s online presence.
- Triangle will compensate interns as well as cover transportation costs (in Lebanon). Internships carry the possibility of compensation for exceptional work performed and promotion to a full-time position after a period of three to six calendar months depending on the level of the candidate’s experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, or final stages of graduate studies in economics, public policy, international affairs, political science, law or related field. (Required)
- Native-level ability to communicate effectively in English. (Required) Proficiency in Arabic is highly desirable while French or Spanish are assets.
- Excellent writing and research skills in English. (Required)
- Demonstrated understanding of structure of funding of humanitarian and development actors. (Required)
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in policy, research, and media. (Required)
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with programme and technical teams. (Required)
- Excellent analytical, writing, and organizational skills. (Required)
- Experience working humanitarian or development sector preferred. (Required)
- Experience working in sales, finance, and/or business development. (Highly Desirable)
- Experience employing data manipulation software and previous experience analysing quantitative data. (Highly Desirable)
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information. (Preferred)
- Knowledge of relevant donor funding and development mechanisms is an asset. (Preferred
- Knowledge and experience conducting quantitative analysis is highly desirable. (Preferred)
Qualified and Interested Applicants
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Triangle is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity across the organization.