Business Development Manager
Overview: Triangle works to transform detailed, and often dense information into a compelling message that is visually appealing, generates maximum impact and bridges the divide between policy making, research and the media. In doing so, we produce lasting results and positive impacts for the organisations we work with, and the communities we work in.
As a growing organisation, we are looking for highly motivated individuals who bring their expertise, ambition, and innovative ideas to complement our mission. We work in a multilingual, highly collaborative environment, with staff distributed over multiple time zones and countries. As such, we seek colleagues who can manage projects independently and deliver exceptional results. In return, we offer unusual autonomy and opportunities for growth. If this sounds like the team you’ve been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
Position Summary: The Business Development Manager is responsible for monitoring and coordinating the different components of Triangle’s business development alongside upper management. The primary responsibilities of the Business Development Officer are to streamline and manage business development efforts, as well as support operations and programming across the organization.
Position Title: Business Development Manager
Position Location: Beirut, Lebanon (with occasional travel), telework is a possibility for candidates with sufficient experience.
Reports to: Triangle Directors
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the implementation of Triangle business development strategy.
- Identify and track upcoming business development opportunities and non-core asset disposal in target markets.
- Develop leads and analyse research on target markets, partners, and clients.
- Produce succinct written and oral briefings of business development opportunities.
- Generate new business development opportunities and coordinate proposal development.
- Support Triangle Directors and specialists to manage deal flow, bid/no bid decisions, documentation and metrics relevant to adoption of service.
- Write and research assigned proposal sections including those on country background information, humanitarian/development conditions, sectoral best practices, competitor strengths and weaknesses, and other information required for proposal compilation.
- Identify technical profiles, propose an effective team structure and correspond with consultants on technical and financial matters.
- Serve as a liaison between Triangle Directors, proposal teams, and clients to facilitate information gathering and proposal design.
- Provide proposal support as assigned, including maintenance of files and proposal submission.
- Support efforts to integrate operations, programming and business development.
- Coordinate collaboration with technical specialists and programme staff to maintain updated factsheets and track-records on Triangle business development and operations.
- Support programme staff to develop practices which contribute to organizational efficiency and contact adherence.
- Participate in coordination meetings and operations working group meetings to improve organizational efficiency.
- Support Contract Management
- Support operations staff to finalise contracts and agreements; track funding performance and update track records.
- Organize debriefing meetings with clients to collect feedback, incorporate lessons learned, and explore potential business development opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of EU, USG, UN and other major donor organizations’ grant proposal guidelines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of international humanitarian and development programme development, grants administration and procurement practices.
- Proven analytical and research experience, skills, and understanding.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff in in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively in an atmosphere of shifting priorities and deadline pressure with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage deadlines and to work independently. Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft office software including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, One Drive and organizational management software.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- A combination of bachelors and (preferably) master’s degrees in economics, public policy, political science, international development, journalism, or business administration, or related field.
- Over five years of UN/NGO experience, preferably in business development and operational strategies, research and monitoring and evaluating, risk management, financial analysis, and/or reporting.
- Demonstrated experience compiling workplans, drafting proposals, and managing international grants.
- High-level proficiency in English (reading, writing and speaking), knowledge of Arabic highly desired. Ability to work in French and Spanish are desirable qualities.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- A probation period of three to six months is applicable.
- Private healthcare coverage.
- Flexible working arrangements and incentive packages are provided following the probation period.
- Qualified and Interested Applicants: We invite qualified candidates to send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
- Triangle is an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity across the organization.