Triangle works to transform detailed, and often dense information into a compelling message that is visually appealing, generates maximum impact, and bridges the divide between policy-making, research, and the media. In doing so, we produce lasting results and positive impacts for the organisations we work with, and the communities we work in.
As a growing organization, we are looking for highly motivated individuals who bring their expertise, ambition, and innovative ideas to complement our mission. We work in a multilingual, highly collaborative environment, with staff distributed over multiple time zones and countries. As such, we seek colleagues who can manage projects independently and deliver exceptional results. In return, we offer unusual autonomy and opportunities for growth. If this sounds like the team you’ve been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
Position Summary: Triangle is in the midst of an online transformation. After setting up its initial online presence and producing widely acclaimed content, Triangle is on the lookout for a tech-savvy web developer who can work with design team to build a website which provides a platform for its content across its policy, research and media arms. The developer will be responsible for working with the team at Triangle to translate graphic designs into front-end functionality, while also making sure that backend works seamlessly with the intended functionality aspects of the site. The position is slated to last three months with possibility of extension to ensure user acceptance testing and a comprehensive handover is conducted.
Alongside Triangle’s designers, management and content creators the web developer will be involved in all technical aspects of website planning, design, development, testing, and handover.
Compensation is benchmarked to cost of living and commensurate with experience.
Qualified and Interested Applicants:
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Triangle is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity across the organization.
Position Title: Web Developer
Position Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Reports to: Operations Officer & Triangle Directors
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess current website functionality and desired outputs appropriately in order to devise a web development plan alongside an appropriate site map and functionality specs.
- Conduct regular meetings with Triangle team members to workshop ideas and strategies before development.
- Provide technical guidance on seamless UI and backend development.
- Work with management and design teams to understand and select CMS and/or web design templates.
- Produce succinct written and oral briefings of progress on web development, while raising any technical issues to management.
- Development, Testing & Handover
- Develop technical specification to implement the website’s sitemaps, content maps, wireframing, UI, motion and user journeys on front and back ends.
- Ensure all code is responsive across different operating systems and device types, including social media platforms.
- Ensure all code is debugged and fully functional before commencing with User Acceptance Testing.
- Ensure all code, presentation and functionality are SEO optimized for on-site technical performance.
- Train Triangle staff admins to manipulate all content and functionality on the eventual CMSs.
- Conduct a detailed UAT and handover of technical and functional aspects of the website.
- At least five years of experience working with front and back end languages as well as responsive design.
- At least five years of experience working with
- High-level proficiency in English (reading, writing and speaking). Arabic language skills are a plus, but not required.
- A graduate degree in computer engineering, computer science, or related field is desirable, but not essential
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven track record of successful website development, ideally in the consulting and publishing sectors.
- Experience building responsive design platforms and sites.
- Experience working on full-cycle rollout of website development.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively in an atmosphere of shifting priorities and deadline pressure with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage deadlines and to work independently and prioritize workloads.
- Demonstrated knowledge of international humanitarian and development programme development is a plus
- Experience building and or adapting CMSs is a plus.