Triangle works to transform detailed, and often dense information into a compelling message that generates maximum impact, and bridges the divide between policy-making, research, and the media. We produce various forms of written content, including policy papers, institutional position papers, journalistic features, and scripts for documentaries and short videos.
As a growing organisation, we are looking for highly motivated individuals who bring their expertise, ambition, and innovative ideas to complement our mission. We work in a multilingual, highly collaborative environment, with staff distributed over multiple time zones and countries. As such, we seek colleagues who can manage projects independently and deliver exceptional results. In return, we offer unusual autonomy and opportunities for growth. If this sounds like the team you’ve been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
Triangle is now looking for a person with exceptional translating and writing skills for a new position as Translator. The role involves translating publications and documentation including policy papers, reports and infographics from English to Arabic.
The Translator is required to translate texts using the most appropriate vocabulary and commonly accepted equivalents of professional, technical or legal terms. S/he shall ensure that the original meaning is retained by understanding the context of, and background information about, the subject matter covered.
The Translator must have the ability to convey technical concepts in easy-to-understand language. S/he must exhibit strong writing skills and high knowledge of editorial policies, in addition to high standards of accuracy, consistency and faithfulness to the spirit, style and nuances of the original text.
The Translator is expected to liaise and collaborate in the course of performing the work with other team members as need be, and s/he will report directly to Triangle’s Managing Editor, with ultimate oversight from Triangle’s Directors.
Compensation is benchmarked to cost of living and commensurate with experience.
Qualified and Interested Applicants:
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Triangle is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity across the organization.
Position Title: Translator
Position Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Reports to: Managing Editor & Triangle Directors
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate internal and external publications and documentation from English to Arabic as required.
- Display solid writing skills and high standards of accuracy, consistency and faithfulness to the spirit, style and nuances of the original text.
- Organise translated material and finalise translation according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Edit, standardise, proofread, revise and finalise translated material prepared by other employees and contractors.
- Support any other task related to Triangle’s written and audio-visual content, as required.
- Communicate with team members and other stakeholders.
- Attend regular team and project meetings with Triangle staff.
- At least three years of experience working in translation (English/Arabic or Arabic/English).
- Extensive experience in translating political and socio-economic publications.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, integrity and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (reading, writing, and speaking). French language skills are a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and also operate independently, including under tight deadlines.
- A university degree in translation, language, communication, journalism, public relations, international relations, or a related field is desirable, but not essential.
Qualified and Interested Applicants
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.