Arabic-English Translator - Roster
Position Title: Translator
Position Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Reports to: Managing Editor & Triangle Directors
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate internal and external publications and documentation from English to Arabic as required.
- Display solid writing skills and high standards of accuracy, consistency and faithfulness to the spirit, style and nuances of the original text.
- Organise translated material and finalise translation according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Edit, standardise, proofread, revise and finalise translated material prepared by other employees and contractors.
- Support any other task related to Triangle’s written and audio-visual content, as required.
- Communicate with team members and other stakeholders.
- Attend regular team and project meetings with Triangle staff.
- At least three years of experience working in translation (English/Arabic or Arabic/English).
- Extensive experience in translating political and socio-economic publications.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, integrity and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (reading, writing, and speaking). French language skills are a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and also operate independently, including under tight deadlines.
- A university degree in translation, language, communication, journalism, public relations, international relations, or a related field is desirable, but not essential.