Triangle works to transform detailed, and often dense information into a compelling message that is visually appealing, generates maximum impact, and bridges the divide between policy-making, research, and the media. In doing so, we produce lasting results and positive impacts for the organisations we work with, and the communities we work in.
As a growing organization, we are looking for highly motivated individuals who bring their expertise, ambition, and innovative ideas to complement our mission. We work in a multilingual, highly collaborative environment, with staff distributed over multiple time zones and countries. As such, we seek colleagues who can manage projects independently and deliver exceptional results. In return, we offer unusual autonomy and opportunities for growth. If this sounds like the team you’ve been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
Position Summary: Triangle is now looking for a person with exceptional editing, writing, and management skills to become the Managing Editor of Triangle.
The Managing Editor is responsible for the timely production of written and visual content that engages readers with clear and strong policy messages affecting the West Asia and North Africa region. Based on an agreed weekly schedule, the Managing Editor will liaise with Triangle’s policy, graphics, media monitoring, and translation departments to ensure that all deliverables meet Triangle’s required level of rigour.
The Managing Editor is required to guide and support internal and external content contributors from ideation to implementation and publishing. This requires that the Managing Editor help other staff members identify viable research topics and generate a plan for collecting data, as well as analyzing and publishing its content. At times, the role will require that the Managing Editor personally contribute to content editing and writing, as well as data collection.
The Managing Editor will report to Triangle’s Directors and work directly with clients and donors.
Qualified and Interested Applicants:
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Triangle is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity across the organization.
Position Title: Managing Editor
Position Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Reports to: Triangle Directors
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage Triangle contributors to ensure timely production of regular written and visual content across Triangle’s policy, graphics, media monitoring, and translation departments.
- Provide ideation and implementation guidance to colleagues such that all content meets Triangle’s required standards of rigour.
- Assist Triangle Directors with generating overall strategic direction for Triangle Policy, which furthers the institution’s mission of advocating progressive reform for the West Asia and North Africa region.
- As required, contribute directly to content production through data collection, writing articles and reports, and editing colleagues’ work. Editing duties may arise in written, visual, or video formats.
- Produces periodic policy papers (with infographics) on key socio-economic issues facing Lebanon, including actionable policy recommendations.
- Support any other task related to Triangle’s written and audio-visual content, as required.
- Run and attend regular team and project meetings with Triangle staff as required.
- At least five years of experience working in journalism, editing, or related disciplines. Previous work in a fast-paced newsroom setting is a plus.
- An established portfolio of media content (text and/or multimedia) in English, both in terms of writing and editing.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods, especially when working in a collaborative environment.
- Familiarity with public policymaking, preferably with a view to generating actionable policy recommendations.
- Deep knowledge of political and socio-economic issues in West Asia and North Africa, as well as experience living in the region. Some experience in Lebanon preferred.
- Fluency in English (reading, writing, and speaking) and (ideally) proficiency in Arabic. French language skills are a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and also operate independently, including under tight deadlines.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the capacity to lead and motivate staff while also managing clients’ expectations.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- A probation period of three to six months is applicable.
- Private healthcare coverage.
- Flexible working arrangements and incentive packages are provided subsequent to the probation period.