Journalist and Analyst
Triangle bridges the divide between policymaking, research, and the media. Our work aims to transform complex and detailed information into compelling messages that generate lasting, positive impacts in the communities we work in and the partners we work with.
Badil (The Alternative) is a Triangle initiative committed to restoring the media’s crucial function of upholding political accountability. Launched as an online publication in early 2022, it aims to help foster a richer, more inclusive, and informed democratic discourse in Lebanon. Through on the ground research, analysis and media monitoring, Badil tackles both longstanding and emerging policy issues, holding political leaders to account and offering alternative perspectives and policy options to the prevailing dominant narratives.
As a growing organization, we are looking for highly motivated individuals whose expertise and innovative ideas will help further our mission. We work in a multilingual, highly collaborative environment, with staff distributed over multiple time zones and countries. As such, we seek colleagues who can manage projects independently and deliver exceptional results. In return, we offer unusual autonomy and opportunities for growth. If this sounds like the team you’ve been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
Triangle is looking for a person with exceptional research and writing skills to contribute to Badil and other Triangle programs.
As a Journalist & Analyst, you will produce investigative reports, analysis, and commentaries on Lebanon’s current affairs and political economy for Badil. This will include working with Triangle’s media monitoring team to analyse emerging trends in political media coverage in Lebanon, with a view to helping readers understand the context surrounding the dominant narratives and offering counter narratives to such.
As a Journalist & Analyst, you will also produce policy and advocacy documents and support coordinating events (roundtables, technical meetings, and conferences).
The Journalist & Analyst will report directly to Triangle’s Managing Editor, with ultimate oversight from Triangle’s Directors.
Position Title: Journalist and Analyst
Position Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Reports to: Managing Editor & Triangle Directors
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyses media monitoring content on political media coverage to provide analysis of key political narratives.
- Produces various types of written content for Badil (The Alternative).
- Produces policy documents (briefs, talking points, position papers) for Triangle’s policy and advocacy projects.
- Assists in communications tasks for Triangle (producing content for social media, newsletters and press releases) as required.
- Supports event coordination and publicity.
- Attends regular team and project meetings with Triangle staff.
- Assists with website publishing and management as required.
- Position Title: Journalist and Analyst.
- Position Location: Beirut, Lebanon.
- Reports to: Managing Editor and Triangle Directors.
- Salary: Compensation is benchmarked to cost of living and commensurate with experience.
- A probation period of three to six months is applicable.
- Private healthcare coverage is provided after probation period.
- At least three years of experience working in communication, journalism, public policy, international relations, or related disciplines.
- An established portfolio of media content (text and/or multimedia) in English and/or Arabic.
- Strong research and analytical skills, preferably with experience in generating actionable policy recommendations.
- Deep knowledge of Lebanon’s political and socio-economic issues, as well as experience living in the country.
- Proven ability to write publishing-grade English-language content and communicate seamlessly in Arabic.
- Fluency in Arabic (reading, writing, and speaking). French language skills are a plus.
- Ability to work both collaboratively in a team environment and operate independently, including under tight deadlines.
Qualified and Interested Applicants
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Triangle is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity across the organization.