Focus Group Discussion Facilitator
The primary objective of the focus group discussion facilitator is to lead, manage and ensure the effective implementation of focus group discussions with children, adolescents and their caregivers, for a study looking into barriers to education enrolment for Ukrainian refugees in Poland.
The facilitator will be part of an important research study that aims to collect and understand children’s and adolescents’ experiences and perceptions on barriers to education enrolment and associated coping strategies. The facilitator should be equipped with the knowledge and skills to engage this demographic effectively and ethically.
III. Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Facilitation: Lead and manage focus group discussions, ensuring all participants are engaged and their perspectives are heard.
- Documentation: Keep a detailed record of the discussions, including key points, observations, and insights.
- Transmission: Transmit focus group discussion data in a timely and accurate manner in line with Triangle’s formats.
- Ethical considerations: Prioritize participants’ safety and well-being, ensuring that the discussions are conducted ethically, maintaining confidentiality and privacy.
- Feedback: Provide the research team with updates and required feedback on the process and content of focus groups, as well as any potential improvements.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in facilitating focus group discussions or similar research activities, specifically with children and adolescents.
- Degree in Social Sciences, Psychology, Education, or related fields is desirable.
- Training or certification in child and adolescent development or related fields is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Knowledge in ethical research methods involving children and adolescents is requires.
- Proficiency in both quantitative and qualitative data analysis is highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently and also collaborate effectively as part of a team is essential.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and ability to communicate in either Polish and/or English are a must.
- Detailed verbatim transcripts of each focus group discussion in Ukrainian and/or English
- Focus group discussion reports including attendance, sampling adherence, key points, observations, and insights in English.
The facilitator will report directly to the research manager (or designated authority).
This Terms of Reference serves as a basic guideline and may be adjusted based on project needs and the facilitator’s expertise.
Interested candidates should email their full CV and cover letter to [email protected].