Communications & Digital Media Officer
Triangle works to transform detailed, and often dense information into a compelling message that is visually appealing, generates maximum impact, and bridges the divide between policy-making, research, and the media. In doing so, we produce lasting results and positive impacts for the organisations we work with, and the communities we work in.
Badil, Triangle’s sister organisation, is an initiative committed to restoring the media’s crucial function to uphold political accountability to contribute to a richer, more inclusive, and informed democratic discourse. Born out of Lebanon’s October 2019 uprising, Badil’s mission is to empower the public to fully scrutinise, understand, and respond to political discourse by providing objectively verifiable counter narratives to status-quo political discourse.
The Communications & Digital Media Officer collaborates with editorial staff members to improve Triangle’s Communications Strategy and manages social media platforms, newsletters and all other media and communications. Ideal candidates will be strategic and out-of-the-box thinkers, highly organised and meticulous, able to meet deadlines and multitask, able to produce quality deliverables under pressure, and be well-versed in social media algorithms and trends.
As a growing organisation, we are looking for highly motivated individuals who bring their expertise, ambition, and innovative ideas to complement our mission. We work in a multilingual, highly collaborative environment, with staff distributed over multiple time zones and countries. As such, we seek colleagues who can manage projects independently and deliver exceptional results. In return, we offer unusual autonomy and opportunities for growth. If this sounds like the team you’ve been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
Position Title: Communications & Digital Media Officer
Position Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Reports to: Executive Editor / Triangle Directors
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Alongside management, lead the management and development of Triangle and Badil’s social media accounts, calendar and schedules (namely Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook).
- Compile and manage the posting of written and (audio)visual content in coordination with writers, designers, animators, and analysts for all social media platforms.
- Advise writers, designers and animators on means to maximise visibility and engagement across social media platforms.
- Oversee email marketing campaigns of Triangle and Badil’s publications, videos, and newsletters, with the aim of maximising impact and increasing audience numbers.
- Post website content (Triangle and Badil) in English and Arabic in formats and layouts which maximise engagement and readability.
- Monitor website and social media engagement and performance analytics to compile and present detailed periodic reports on website and social media metrics and insights.
- Monitor developments in social media platform policies and adapt social media strategy accordingly.
- Play an intrinsic role in Triangle and Badil’s overall communication efforts, ensuring that strategy items are implemented in a cohesive and measurable manner.
- Perform Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning tasks at Triangle and Badil relevant to impact in the digital and physical spaces.
- Contribute to events organisation, from promotion to on-the-day logistics and post-event follow-up.
- Contribute to development and periodic refinement of Triangle and Badil communications strategies.
- Assist in Triangle and Badil’s multimedia production process, including photos, podcasts, videos and infographics
- Demonstrable expertise managing social media accounts (required)
- Demonstrable expertise in content management systems such as WordPress (required)
- Experience using Meta Business Suite, Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Twitter Analytics (required)
- Excellent proficiency in English and Arabic (required)
- Strong administrative and organizational skills (required)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and operate independently, including under tight deadlines (required)
- Experience developing and managing newsletters (desired)
- Experience in strategic communications (desired)
- Familiarity with basic design software (desired)