Triangle works to transform detailed, and often dense information into a compelling message that is visually appealing, generates maximum impact, and bridges the divide between policy-making, research, and the media. In doing so, we produce lasting results and positive impacts for the organisations we work with, and the communities we work in.
Badil, Triangle’s sister organisation, is an initiative committed to restoring the media’s crucial function to uphold political accountability to contribute to a richer, more inclusive, and informed democratic discourse.
Born out of Lebanon’s October 2019 uprising, Badil’s mission is to counter sloganeering and fear-mongering with common sense journalism that enables public understanding of complex policy issues, while also advocating for progressive reform and productive solutions. Badil’s work seeks to empower the public to fully scrutinise, understand, and respond to political discourse by providing objectively verifiable counter narratives to status-quo political discourse.
The Communications Officer collaborates with editorial staff members to improve Triangle’s Communications Strategy and manages social media platforms, press releases, newsletters and all other media and communications.
Ideal candidates will be strategic and out-of-the-box thinkers, highly organized and meticulous, able to meet deadlines and multitask, able to produce quality deliverables under pressure, and be well-versed in social media algorithms and trends.
As a growing organisation, we are looking for highly motivated individuals who bring their expertise, ambition, and innovative ideas to complement our mission. We work in a multilingual, highly collaborative environment, with staff distributed over multiple time zones and countries. As such, we seek colleagues who can manage projects independently and deliver exceptional results. In return, we offer unusual autonomy and opportunities for growth. If this sounds like the team you’ve been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
Position Title:Communications Officer
Position Location: Beirut, Lebanon (with occasional travel).
Reports to: Triangle Directors
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the management and development of Triangle and Badil’s social media accounts, calendar and schedules (namely Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook).
- Compile and manage the posting of written and (audio)visual content in coordination with writers and designers for all social media platforms.
- Advise writers, designers and animators on means to maximize visibility and engagement across social media platforms.
- Support the research of email marketing campaigns and lead the implementation of said campaigns.
- Post website content (Triangle and Badil) in English and Arabic in formats and layouts which maximize engagement and readability.
- Monitor website and social media engagement and performance analytics to compile and present detailed periodic reports on website and social media metrics and insights.
- Monitor developments in social media platform policies and adapt social media strategy accordingly.
- Contribute to development and periodic refinement of Badil and Triangle communications strategies.
- Commensurate with experience, including commissions and bonuses for exceptional performance.
- Part-time and consultancy options are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Experience managing social media accounts (required)
- Excellent in English and Arabic (required)
- Experience using Meta Business Suite, Google Analytics, Mailchimp (required)
- Experience developing and managing newsletters (desired)
- Experience in strategic communications (desired)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and operate independently, including under tight deadlines.